Saturday, February 25, 2012

Flamenco

Chia's dance
would be flamenco.
Back straight,
arms strong,
palmas clapping,
feet stomping,
skirt scarlet,
eyes flashing.
Flamenco would be
Chia's dance.

This poem is written in honor of my friend Mary Marsciano who died last weekend. She wrote, lived, loved with spirit and passion, never stopped learning or working to better our world, especially the lives of women and children. She died at 72 - sobers me. that's only ten more years and I have no idea if I'll get that many, but even in the best of circumstances I can no longer see life as flowing out before me in vastness. Time to live mindfully. i guess it always was, but especially now.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Victoria, Chia's dance would definitely be Flamenco! ( If not Flamenco, then I see Tango!!) You have captured her essence in this poem of dance; and yes it is sobering when people 10 years older die...just like that...no warning! It is a good reminder to ALWAYS live mindfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so right--Chia's dance would indeed be the Flamenco! And yes a real life reminder of the importance of living mindfully every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Victoria. Yes, Chia is the Flamenco! Firey and dramatic. I love this wonderful tribute.

    ReplyDelete