Friday, October 8, 2010

Two takes on Contentment


The conversation about contentment here is intriguing. I realize I use the word, and most words about personal state in two very different ways - one is feeling and the other as choice, decision, attitude. So I have two very different contentment poems.

Contentment - The feeling

I lay out bait for contentment.
Candles glow rich bergamot.
by chair full book basket beckons.
Rose quilt offers soft embrace.
Amber beads hung in sun entice.
But contentment is a fickle cat.
she comes only when she wills.

Victoria Hendricks
October 8, 2010

Contentment - The attitude

I have enough.
I do enough.
I am enough.
Dayenu.

Victoria Hendricks
October 8, 2010



3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed both of these poems. I don't think I am a kind of person who 'lays bait' for contentment, but I definitely agree contentment is fickle indeed. And, as for the second poem, wise words indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the play on the definition for this word, the second one packs a particular punch for me but both were awesome.

    ReplyDelete