Wednesday, November 10, 2010

PAD 10 - A Love Poem

Silver beach morning,
You wake me with song,
Pull me out early to watch
dolphins meet the dawn.

Noon on Thanksgiving,
You peel piles of potatoes,
set table with crystal,
together we feed family.

Afternoon thunderstorm,
High on canyon rim,
I tremble. You hold me.
Danger leaves a rainbow.

Evening at Mule Shoe,
we kiss, await sunset, ,
for the cranes to return
to the waters to rest.

Midnight, nightmare,
You sing me lullaby,
I stroke your hair.
You are, I am right here.

Victoria Hendricks
November 10, 2010

5 comments:

  1. What a warm, gentle, and beautifully loving poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is just beautiful! I really like "Danger leaves a rainbow."

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and loving scene you paint here with your words, Victoria. This covers so much of your life with love and that makes the reader (me) happy and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Midnight, nightmare,
    You sing me lullaby,
    I stroke your hair.
    You are, I am right here...

    perfect ending.
    enjoyed your talent here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings, How are you?
    It is a thrill to read your talent today...
    Jingle Poetry has magic, wonders, and miracles going on this week,
    Hope to see your contribution.
    Old poems, or poems unrelated to our theme are welcome.
    We treasure your support !
    Hope to see you in.
    Have A Lovely Tuesday!
    Happy Thanksgiving, You Rock!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete